sábado, 14 de enero de 2012

Using stories in the English class
Stories are a good way to work with children in the class for many reasons. 

The main reason is the strong motivational component that have, since children love stories. Through stories they are able to internalize the language structure in an unconscious way.

Stories are also perfect to learn new vocabulary. While listening stories, students are exposed to a huge amount of new vocabulary, what is better than memorizing endless lists of words. Besides, in stories students learn the vocabulary in context. 

Another advantage of stories is the opportunity that give us of introducing variety in the classroom. Many times children become tired of doing the same things again and again.  That's when stories are a good resource to keep working on the language and to increase students' interest in it.



3 comentarios:

  1. muy chulos los videos...la verdad es que estan muy currados

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Merceditas!
    It is me,Fernando. I do agree with your point of view about introducing tales and stories in the classroom. For sure, they have a strong component of motivation and wake children's interest up. Context is also important in order to introduce new vocabulary, as well as, lovely cartoons such as those that you show us in your blog. I think this material is really useful not only for children, but also for teachers.
    I love your ideas, so carry on doing them.
    Bye luv!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Mercedes! I think the stories are a good method for teaching.
    Congratulations for your job!

    ResponderEliminar